Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Jessica DeCarlo DESIGNS





Wearing jewelry is my favorite way to add some spice and pizzazz to my outfits to make them stand out from being ordinary. Jewelry is a fun way to define your own unique sense of personal style and I love how just adding a couple of unusual and signature jewelry pieces can really transform your look and reinvent your persona. I stumbled upon Jessica DeCarlo DESIGNS and was immediately captivated by her simple yet bold and feminine jewelry designs. They had a peaceful flair to them, yet at the same time made such an enchanting fashion statement! I found that there wasn't just one or two pieces I was drawn to, I loved one right after the other as I browsed through her gorgeous selection on her website. It is with such pleasure that I include Jessica DeCarlo DESIGNS and her stunning jewelry as part of my Alluring Autumn 2010 Guide. Let me introduce the talented artist behind this fine line of jewelry:



{Taken from the Jessica DeCarlo Website}

ABOUT US




Jessica DeCarlo, designer and founder of both J Rose Designs and Jessica DeCarlo Designs, began collecting jewelry from around the world at a very young age. Jessica took on an apprenticeship in a local jewelry store, where she began to cultivate her passion for metals, stones, and design. As her education in craftsmanship continued, her eye for design grew, catching the attention of jewelry designers both local and abroad.




Jessica’s studies have taken her from St. Michael's College in Vermont, to Academia Italiana in Florence, Italy. Interning at Metallo Nobile in Florence, Italy, and designing for companies in Madrid, Spain, Jessica has had the fortunate opportunity to work with many artists all over the world. Influenced by numerous styles of jewelry, she has developed an elegant, yet playful style, with an organic feel that makes each collection unique.



Currently, Jessica lives in downtown Brooklyn, NY. She draws inspiration for her jewelry from everyday life in New York City, as well as from her experiences traveling the world. The color combinations, shapes, and designs of her jewelry are an expression of her travels and inspirations. She transforms these moments and feelings into entire jewelry collections, perfect for any occasion.

Jessica's pieces are always conversation starters as she is a true up and coming artist to be watched.


MY REVIEW

Jessica generously sent me one of her best selling earrings to review. Receiving a piece of jewelry from Jessica DeCarlo is like receiving a special gift in the mail. The earrings arrived in a pretty purple organza gift bag which immediately gave me a memorable first impression. Each piece of Jessica DeCarlo jewelry is hand made and I can clearly see how meticulously hand crafted my earrings are. Here is a picture and description of the earrings that I received to review:

Signature Swirl Earring LARGE
Price: $45.00



Sterling Silver Handmade Signature Swirl Earrings Size: Large



MY THOUGHTS: My hair is very long and dense so when I wear earrings they have to be rather large in size in order to show up, unless I am wearing my hair up. So when I saw the Large Sterling Silver Signature Swirl Earrings I was literally doing the "happy dance"! They are just darling in design, so free flowing and flirty, just my style! They are so lightweight and airy feeling on your ears, yet they are bold and show stopping in style! They are available in Small, Medium or Large and in Sterling Silver or 14K Gold Filled. So you can enjoy the benefits of this most dynamic design is the metal and size that best suits your own personal preference.

The earrings are handmade exceptionally well, a level of craftsmanship that exceeds my expectations. I love the hammered detail work on the sterling silver and the level of perfectionism is clearly visible when you see how durable they are. They may look delicate, but they are not flimsy at all, very solid distinctive earrings.

I love that Jessica DeCarlo DESIGNS are ageless and timeless. They have a modern feel to them, but they are classic and elegant as well. She is able to capture the organic essence that is so alluring and maintain a hip and cool factor about each design, while keeping with a simple and sophisticated aura as well. I love all those elements that work so nicely together with each piece.

You can visit Jessica DeCarlos DESIGNS website by CLICKING HERE to browse through her delightful selection of jewelry. I know you will have so much fun seeing all her gorgeous jewelry pieces and perhaps treat yourself to a unique breathtaking piece or pick out a special gift for a friend, one that she won't already have! Enjoy!


A very special thank you to
Jessica DeCarlo Designs for providing me with Earrings to use for this review.

Disclosure: I received the Large Signature Swirl Earrings from Jessica DeCarlo Designs for the purposes of this Review . This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: