Friday, July 16, 2010

Review: Out of Print Clothing




The cool factor is off the charts fantastic with this line of very unique t-shirts. Out of Print scours library stacks and dusty bookstores to find the classics and curiosities that end up on their shirts. Each shirt is printed and treated to feel like your favorite book, that one book that you read 11 times! That is the concept behind this dynamic company and what makes the designs so hip and fun to wear. They offer sizes and designs for Women and Men and just think of the compelling and entertaining conversations that will undoubtedly come up when you are strutting around wearing these fascinating shirts. You will engage in memorable dialect with your friends and possibly make some new friends by wearing these great conversation starters. It is with such excitement that I include Out of Print in my Sizzling Summer 2010 Guide. Here's a little information about this most unique company:



{Taken from the Out of Print Clothing Website}

MISSION





Out of Print celebrates the world’s great stories through fashion. Our shirts feature iconic and often out of print book covers. Some are classics, some are just curious enough to make great t-shirts, but all are striking works of art.

We work closely with artists, authors and publishers to license the content that ends up in our collections. Each shirt is treated to feel soft and worn like a well-read book.



In addition to spreading the joy of reading through our tees, we acknowledge that many parts of the world don't have access to books at all. We are working to change that. For each shirt we sell, one book is donated to a community in need through our partner Books For Africa.

How we read is changing as we move further into the digital age. It's unclear what the role of the book cover will be in this new era, but we feel it's more important than ever to reflect on our own individual experiences with great literary art before it's forever changed.



What’s your story? Wear it proud.



MY REVIEW

The most generous folks over at
Out of Print sent me 2 t-shirts to review. I think they are just spectacular! Before I received the review items I did mention that these were 2 designs I would like and that's because I was very familiar with the stories and had read the books on them both. So to see books from my past that I thoroughly enjoyed so much be transformed into wearable literature is just so super cool! Oh, the wearable literature is my interpretation of them {smile}

A couple of things I noticed right away was how nice the material felt, very soft cotton and they have a nice fine thickness gauge to them. I could immediately see and feel how wonderful the quality of them is. And also......

Each article of clothing comes with these really cool tags on them, what a terrific first impression!!



So here is the low down on the two items I was sent:

Fahrenheit 451 Women's Teeshirt (Also Available in Men's Sizes)
Price: $28



Although many debate the central theme of this classic, Bradbury has said he intended it to be a social commentary on the negative effects of emerging technologies (e.g., television) on reading. From the Corgi UK cover.

- Cotton/poly blend
- Distressed, softened print
- Slim fit; runs a size small



MY THOUGHTS: Oh this is just the coolest t-shirt! I just think it is striking in its design, and so ultra soft and comfy to wear. I am glad I ordered this in a Size Large. I am typically a Size Medium and in this case a Large is a perfect fit for me. The t-shirt I received is actually brighter and more contrasted with color than the one in these pictures. I like the dark heathered grey cotton, and it is thicker in gauge than the second shirt I received. The oranges and yellows in the design are much more robust than in the picture above, which really makes the design stand out. A really neat eye catching design.

It's intriguing to wear a t-shirt that communicates a message without saying a word. That is precisely what this design inspires to do. It calls upon you to have a discussion, perhaps a debate, not in the violent sense, but on an intellectual level and to me that is genius! Out of Print certainly came up with a winner with this design.

I have to comment on the level of excellence and quality of the printing of the design on this shirt and also in the meticulous workmanship of how it is rendered. It is a t-shirt that will stand the test of time and won't fall apart from multiple washings. I washed it before I wore it. I made to wash it inside out and I line dried it just to make sure it didn't shrink. It washed perfectly.

These t-shirt designs are ageless and timeless. Men and women, young and old will think they are just so neat and cool. Very Street Chic!!


Tales of the Jazz Age Teeshirt (Also Available in Men's Sizes)
Price: $28



19 short stories depicting the age of exuberance. One of the more famous stories is “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” which was inspired by Mark Twain’s remark that it was a pity the best part of life came at the beginning and the worst part at the end.

- 100% cotton tee
- Distressed, softened print
- Slim fit; runs a size small



MY THOUGHTS: This t-shirt is just delightful and fun! The design is as entertaining as the short stories that were the inspiration for it. I typically wear a Size Medium so I ordered a Size Large because I thought it ran on the small side. But the large was roomy on me so if you think about ordering this design, which I highly recommend you do, I didn't see the need to order up a size. The cotton is super soft and lightweight which makes it perfect for wearing in the summer, or on those colder days you can add a cute sweater or funky jacket over it. It is a t-shirt that will get noticed with its bright and cheerful colors and the design will bring up great stories from an era of days gone by that you can discuss with your friends and resurrect all those glorious witty tales all over again.

I love the "vintage" feel that this t-shirt has. It is so comfortable to wear, and I dig that it has that worn in look but maintains the fine quality you want to experience with your clothes. I personally want to run out and get a darling red sweater {like the one in the picture seen at the top of this review} and wear that with this awesome tee and a cute pair of jeans. That is how I love to dress, it is a "look" that makes me feel at ease with myself and how I look.

So why don't you head on over to OUT OF PRINT by CLICKING HERE and check out their fascinating website and teeshirt designs. I bet you will experience memories from your past of those classic books that you once enjoyed reading so much. The shirts are so affordably priced so think about what books inspired you and treat yourself to a unique piece of wearable literature. And, how about that gift you need for the person who has everything.......I bet they won't have a shirt anything like one of these! Enjoy browsing around!

A very special thank you to Out of Print for providing me with two t-shirts to use for this review.

Disclosure: I received two t-shirts from Out of Print for the purposes of this Review . This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


No comments: