We fulfill this promise by dedicating ourselves to providing the leadership and support needed to help professional skincare clients and everyday consumers learn the truth about skincare and the truth about Lexli products, in the hope of providing one and all with healthy skin and radiant vitality.
While our products have been proven to provide restorative and therapeutic effects to the skin, our ongoing objective is to continue manufacturing quality products and ingredients that exceed industry standards for effectiveness and consumer expectations for results, and reaffirm our reputation as responsible corporate citizens.
Dr. Ahmed Abdullah, a board-certified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, is CEO and co-founder of Lexli International, Inc. A recognized expert on the restorative and medicinal effects of aloe vera, Dr. Abdullah is the formulator of the Lexli® line of aloe-based skincare, including the company’s flagship product, AloeGlyC Renewing Exfoliant®. He is a member of the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) based in Dallas, Texas, and has served on its board of directors.
In addition to his work with Lexli International, Dr. Abdullah is a clinical associate professor in plastic surgery at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine in Grand Forks, N.D. He owns and practices at Plastic Surgery Institute PC and the Lexli Skin Care Center, and is co-owner of PSI Ambulatory Surgery Center and Heartland Diagnostic Services, all of which are based in Fargo, N.D.
A Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Abdullah serves on the Ethics Committee of the North Dakota Medical Association. He earned his medical degree from Northwestern University in Chicago and completed his residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas.
Dr. Abdullah is married to Dr. Kay Abdullah, a fellow board-certified plastic surgeon and co-founder of Lexli International, Inc. They have two sons – Alex and Ali – whose names were combined to form the Lexli brand name.
Used since ancient times, the restorative and medicinal capabilities of Aloe plants are readily known. It is gentle to the skin, aids in rejuvenation and is readily absorbed.
More Than You Ever Wanted to Know About Aloe Vera
- A Little History
- In ancient times, physicians and pharmacologists from Persia to Greece used Aloe Vera to treat a wide variety of ailments, including wounds, mild infections, sinus problems and sores.
- When the Spanish brought Aloe to the New World, it quickly gained widespread acceptance as a homeopathic and herbal cure-all.
- Beginning in the 1950s, Aloe Vera gel gained respect as a moisturizer and as a healing agent in cosmetics and over-the-counter drugs.
- Where Aloe is Found
- Aloe originated in Africa.
- Today there are more than 250 species of Aloe grown around the world, from Africa to the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas, Florida, Southern California, Mexico, the Pacific Rim countries, India, South America, the Caribbean and Australia.
- The Characteristics of Aloe
- Aloe plants are commonly mistaken for cactus.
- Aloe’s thick, tapered, spiny leaves grow from a short stalk near ground level.
- Mature plants can grow as tall as 4 feet, although average plants are typically only 2-3 feet tall. Each plant usually has 12-16 leaves and can weigh up to 3 pounds.
- Aloe contains amino acids, minerals, vitamins, enzymes, proteins, polysaccharides and biological stimulators.
- The Science of Aloe Vera
- Various clinical studies have shown that Aloe has a role in the treatment of radiation dermatitis, superficial skin abrasions, corneal ulcerations, frostbite, burns and leg ulcers.
- Aloe extracted from the Aloe barbadensis Miller plant (the Aloe commonly used in cosmetics) is different from that extracted from the Aloe ferox Liliaceae plant.
- The terms “Aloe,” “Aloe Vera,” “Aloin” and “Aloe extract” refer to the end products of different methods of extracting juice from Aloe plants.
- The term “Aloe” refers to a concentrated distillate made from the juice of the plant’s leaves. “Aloe extract” is the powder form of Aloe.
- Why Aloe Works
- Aloe blocks histamine production and contains an agent that helps with inflammation.
- Aloin, which is made by filtering out certain resins from Aloe juices, contains a high concentration of anthroquinone, the agent that may be responsible for Aloe’s effectiveness in the treatment of certain skin afflictions, including inflammation and psoriasis.
- The great success of Aloe as a commodity for use in cosmetics is due to the proper stabilizing procedures that enable processors to store and ship Aloe gel without fear of spoilage.
- The Aloe industry has established high ethical standards for business as well as for their Aloe products. Through the International Aloe Science Council (IASC), the industry has solidified its dedication to providing the world with the highest quality Aloe. Lexli International is a member of the IASC and Dr. Abdullah served on the Board of Directors.
Aloe-Based Cleansing Lotion
Lexli's Aloe-Based Cleansing Lotion is designed to unclog pores and remove impurities. The special ingredients work to cleanse the skin and leave it feeling soft, silky and refreshed. A noticeable improvement in the suppleness of the skin will be achieved soon after the very first use.
Aloe-Based Tone and Balance
This gentle skin toner contains natural, moisturizing humectants that tone the skin and add moisture without causing surface dryness. Lexli's Aloe-Based Tone and Balance also restores the skin’s natural pH, removes any last traces of cleanser and debris, and is great as a light body moisturizer, working to hydrate, soothe and refresh.
Aloe-Based Day Moisturizer with SPF 15 for Normal to Dry Skin
Lexli's Aloe-Based Day Moisturizer with SPF 15 protects your skin from the environmental factors that cause premature aging. This light, nongreasy formula moisturizes and conditions to leave the skin extraordinarily soft and comfortable throughout the day. The added SPF 15 also helps shield the skin from harmful UVB and UVA rays.
Aloe-Based AloeGlyC® Renewing Exfoliant
The truth is, there is no gentle way of exfoliating the skin to reveal the healthy new cells underneath. AloeGlyC® does the hard work necessary to remove the top-layer dead skin cells and debris while simultaneously soothing and healing the skin.
It’s all due to an exceptional combination of pharmaceutical-grade Aloe, Glycolic Acid and L-absorbic Acid beads (Vitamin C) that both exfoliate and activate the production of collagen — the skin’s natural rejuvenation process.
The result is a marked reduction of fine lines and wrinkles along with improved texture and skin clarity. With consistent use, you will begin to see a remarkable difference in how your skin looks and feels within 3 weeks, with optimal results after 3 months.
Aloe-Based Night Moisturizer
Lexli’s Aloe-Based Night Moisturizer is a nourishing, humectant-enriched cream designed to replenish the loss of moisture within the skin’s tissues. The strong humectants and masking agents, such as collagen, work overnight to preserve and restore the skin’s natural moisture level and revive the skin’s tension and firmness.
MY EXPERIENCE AND RESULTS
I am so thrilled with these products and I will do my best to capture the very essence of them with you through my 3 weeks of experience of using them. I love the simplicity of this skin care system. There are just 4 simple steps to follow and you are on your way to transforming your skin into the healthy shape it is meant to be in. With my busy schedule the last thing I want to do is mess around with having to keep track of what I need to use and when in my skin care routine. I want pure simple products and a quick and easy schedule that I need to follow in order to maintain my skin and insure the best possible results. I found Lexli delivered on all those factors for me.
The Cleanser worked very nicely for me. I do wear makeup during the day so at night when I cleansed my skin I found that this cleanser adequately removed all my makeup. It felt gentle on my skin, I did not experience any dryness afterwards, as I have with other cleansers in the past, and also the scent was very pleasant. That is also an important factor to me. I don't like using cleansers that smell too sweet or strong, for some reason it makes me feel that there are fragrance ingredients in there that are going to irritate my skin, but this cleanser has a very light, barely discernible fresh scent to it.
Normally I can live without going through the process of applying Toner to my skin after I have washed my face. But since toner was included in the 5-Piece Kit I figured I should use it in order to achieve maximum results. It did not dry out my skin, nor did it seem to have any impact to the routine, I am sure behind the scenes (under my skin) it made a difference, but visually and to the touch it was just a process to go through. It is part of keeping the skin well hydrated and the mist felt great after cleansing.
I followed the instructions very carefully when it came to applying the topical Aloe-based AloeGlyC Renewing Exfoliant because I had been forewarned that is could cause some slight irritation, slight burning and dryness. So I took the suggestion in the instructions and diluted the exfoliant every other evening with the night moisturizer. I think this was a great way to get my skin used to the product, and adjust slowly to its benefits. I did after about 9-10 days begin to use it morning and evening on its own. My skin did seem a little dryer than usual, but I knew that meant it was working.
Once I was done exfoliating I used either the Day Moisturizer and Night Moisturizer and I love, love the consistency of both products! I found both to be extremely rich and hydrating, and felt really luxurious on my skin. I know my skin loved it as well because it seemed to drink it right up. I liked that you can even use it around your eyes. After about 10 days I began to notice that my skin looked particularly more "dewy" once I completed all 4 steps and I am hoping as time progresses and I use the products longer it will continue to get healthier and healthier and evolve even more in appearance.
Prior to using the Lexli products I was not aware that 100% Pure Pharmaceutical level Aloe could be so beneficial in a skin care line. But experiencing these products has me convinced that aloe can be a very effective anti-inflammatory agent and will gently cleanse and penetrate deep into the skin tissue to stimulate collagen and work to heal, rejuvenate and protect damaged skin. If you are looking for an innovative new skin care line to kick off the New Year, consider trying Lexli's 30-Day Starter Kit.
A very special THANK YOU to LEXLI for providing me with the Lexli 30-Day Starter Kit for this review.
Disclosure: I received the Lexli 30-Day Starter Kit for the purposes of this Review. This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ.