Thursday, July 8, 2010

Review: Archive Jewelry





I discovered Archive Jewelry after noticing a few pieces from this line in People Magazine. I have always been drawn to vintage inspired jewelry so this line of jewelry caught my eye right away and I am quite smitten with it. I am thrilled to be able to introduce this exceptional line of jewelry to those of you who may not be familiar with it, and include this review in my Sizzling Summer 2010 Guide. The jewelry designs are not only unique and beautiful, but also so very affordable. It is so much fun to be able to see some of your favorite celebrities wearing gorgeous pieces of jewelry from Archive and know that it is jewelry that you too can purchase for yourself without breaking your wallet. The jewelry designs are ageless and timeless and will add some sparkle and pizzazz to all kinds of outfits for every type of occasion. The designs are versatile and can be worn by day and by night, and you will see how they can add that touch of enchantment and elegance to your entire look! Let me introduce this fantastic company to you:



{Taken from the Archive Jewelry Website}

ABOUT US




Archive Jewelry, the brain-child of twin sisters amber & nicole sutton, is anything but ordinary! our handmade, vintage-inspired line is the epitome of high-end style without the high-end price tag.

Our line is fashioned from repurposed architectural pieces, curios & found objects mixed with eco-friendly brass castings, base metal chains and chic crystal strands reminiscent of paste jewelry of a bygone era. we rummage through flea markets, antique shops and uncommon places in search of things forgotten and unusual. french furniture ornaments, moments in time or the type from a lost letter might serve as our inspiration and help us tell a story with each piece of jewelry.



Whether it is a parisian postcard, a mélange of treasured souvenirs from travels (real or imagined!) or an unexpected embellishment we found in a dusty drawer, we add it to our own personal archive in our los angeles studio and there it begins its new life as a treasured accessory.

Our unique mix of old and new, uncommon and the elegant strikes an artful balance that you will not find elsewhere...archive jewelry is trendy yet timeless; it’s fresh, eclectic, romantic and will be a cherished part of any girls’ wardrobe for years to come.

MY REVIEW

The generous gals at Archive Jewelry sent me two gorgeous pieces to review. I had seen a number of stunning designs on their website and was most curious as to how the jewelry looked in plain sight and also how well they were constructed. It is always terrific to wear pretty jewelry, but if it is flimsy and poorly crafted then it won't be jewelry I will be able to wear for very long. So when I received the package from Archive Jewelry with the two items for my review I was most pleased to see that the jewelry was rendered with a level of excellence that met my high standards. These are the two items I received:



Vaudeville Earrings
Price: $58



Description: 14k gold plated deco angle and tassel earrings - hangs from stud earring; approx. 4.5" long

MY THOUGHTS: Art deco inspired jewelry is a style that I have always loved and it's funny how I don't own any pieces. So what a surprise it was when I was sent these spectacular earrings. Since I have very long hair, it was fantastic that I received earrings that are going to actually show up through all my hair and really make a bold fashion statement. These earrings are show stoppers, truly magnificent to behold! There are so many special elements to their design, with extreme attention to details in every aspect. They are long and dynamic and have so much movement as you are wearing them. They make you feel glamorous because of the "bling" embellishment they have with the row of clear rhinestones and they have that sexy flirty aspect to them with the columns of chains dangling at the ends. They are slightly heavy to wear, but most certainly not uncomfortably so, but you know you are wearing a striking and very noticeable pair of earrings, that are sure to capture the attention of those around you. I am impressed with the quality of the materials used in each element of the design. They will stand the test of time and become one of my favorite pairs of earrings to wear when I want to spice up my look and look and feel very couture!

Crystal Column Necklace
Price: $36






MY THOUGHTS: This is a necklace that is simple in design but makes a splash with lots of twinkle and brilliance to its presence. I love that it offers a nice long chain and then has an equally long (2 1/4 inch) splendid double row dangling embellishment. This necklace is meticulously crafted, and although it may appear delicate and intricate, it is sturdy and solid in its construction so you don't have to constantly be worrying that it is going to fall apart on you. I am a gal who loves to wear a touch of glitz and add some sparkle to my everyday look. It makes me feel feminine, elegant, and pulled together, even if I am just wearing a basic teeshirt and jeans. Wearing a glorious necklace like this with even the most casual of outfits makes me feel confident and sophisticated and I get great satisfaction from that. I want to make memorable impressions when people see me, add that touch of magic to my look and this is the perfect fashion accessory to help me to achieve just that. I will wear this darling necklace with so many of my favorite outfits, or even with that little black dress that I enjoy putting on when we go out. But don't wait for a special occasion to reap the benefits of this piece, it needs to be enjoyed and adorned whenever you feel that need to add some fascination to your everyday outfits.

Archive Jewelry can be found in a number of Boutiques and you can visit their website by
CLICKING HERE to find out if there is a store near you. You can also purchase their jewelry directly from the Archive Jewelry website. You will have so much fun browsing around their site and being captivated by all the gorgeous jewelry. CLICK HERE to begin your Archive Jewelry shopping experience.

A very special thank you to
Archive Jewelry for providing me with the 2 jewelry pieces to use for this review.

Disclosure: I received 2 jewelry items from Archive Jewelry for the purposes of this Review . This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: