Thursday, September 2, 2010

Review: AVEENO® Positively Radiant Products




The AVEENO® Positively Radiant Collection of products is one of the best "finds" out in the marketplace today when it comes to affordable, effective, natural quality skin care. When I first began my "green" journey one of the first things I pledged to do was to be much more proactive in finding natural safe healthy products to use on myself and my family. I have discovered nature's secret for naturally radiant skin, right here, right now, with two fabulous AVEENO® products. I am so thrilled to be able to include them in my Alluring Autumn 2010 Guide and introduce them to you through this review.

Let me share a little bit about what AVEENO ACTIVE NATURALS® are:

{Taken from the AVEENO Website}

Simply put, ACTIVE NATURALS® are ingredients derived from nature and uniquely formulated by AVEENO® to optimize skin's health and beauty. AVEENO® has unlocked the true potential of nature's skin-enhancing secrets, like soy and oatmeal, with patented processes that retain their full strength and purity. Gentle, effective, clinically proven AVEENO®. Recommended by dermatologists for 60 years.

AVEENO® is the leader in ACTIVE NATURALS® technology today, including oatmeal and soy, and will continue to develop innovative technologies around natural ingredients well into the future.

Soy is the key ingredient in the Positively Naturals Collection of Products that I reviewed:

SOY



AVEENO® scientists created a unique way to process the soybean to retain its naturally active benefits of the soybean.The AVEENO® patented soybean processing ensures minimal loss to heat or refinement, which provides a concentrated form of the whole soybea AVEENO® Scientists then created a patented Total Soy Comples active soy, which captures the multiple benefits of the natural soybean for immediate and long-term skin benefits.



MY REVIEW

The wonderful folks at AVEENO sent me two products from the Positively Radiant Collection to try out. Let me first start off my saying I have a slight rosacea condition, it flares up especially in the hot summer weather, so my skin has been a little red on the cheek areas. It isn't acne, so I don't have issues with breakouts, it is more of just a redness to the color of my skin. Typically once the Fall hits and the days are much cooler, my rosacea subsides and my skin is much more even toned.

With having said that, this is the perfect time of year for me to try out some skin care products that can work to even out my skin tone and improve the texture of my skin. Before I share my observations with you, here is some information about the two AVEENO products I received:


AVEENO® Positively Radiant® Moisturizing Lotion
Price: $13.99 for 4 fl oz. available at food, drug and mass merchandisers



Description: Recover from summer with moisturizing lotion that repairs damaged skin to immediately brings out skin’s natural radiance. This light, non-greasy lotion, with an exclusive Total Soy Complex and natural light diffusers, goes beyond moisturizing to help bring out skin's natural radiance by visibly evening out skin tone and texture in as little as 2 weeks, while moisturizing skin for a full 24 hours


MY THOUGHTS: For being under $15.00 this is, to me, the equivalent of a luxurious high end facial moisturizer at a drug store price point. I am loving the texture of the moisturizer, it is very rich, thick and creamy, feels glorious on my skin. My skin must really love it because it soaks it right up, it absorbs immediately into my skin. No more dry, scaly patches on my skin, within minutes my skin appeared dewy, brightened, and revitalized. At first I still could visibly see the redness to my skin, but within 3 days of using this moisturizer consistently in the morning and at night, my red blotchy areas were gone.

I am so impressed with this product, and the soy complex in this product clearly made a difference in the appearance of my skin. There are also natural light diffusers in this product and that is resulting in the glowing, dewy appearance of my skin. Not only does it make my skin look radiant, it makes it look healthy and adequately nourished.

I am now researching additional AVEENO products to purchase for myself to further improve the condition of my skin. At the very affordable prices of their skin care, I can afford to have beautiful skin.

I was also sent this product:

Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads
Price: $ 7.29 at national food, drug and mass merchandisers



Description: These dual-textured cleansing pads, moistened with foaming skin-conditioning cleansers and natural Soy, help even out skin tone and texture for brighter, naturally radiant skin. The pad is smooth on one side to lift away dirt, oil and makeup and textured on the other side to gently exfoliate and smooth away dry patches. Oil-free, soap-free, noncomedogenic and hypoallergenic, these pads are gentle enough for everyday use, even on sensitive skin.

MY THOUGHTS: The gigantic tub is filled with 28 lush thick pads soaked with cleaning, hydrating, soy infused cleanser. The first thing that struck me is how thick each pad is. At first I thought I had grabbed several pads, so when I tried to separate them apart, I realized that it was only 1 pad, one very plush exceptional facial cleansing pad! The pads are so liquid drenched that you never have to worry that one pad is not going to be enough. They more than adequately cleanse your skin with product to spare.

The first time I used the product I had a face that was totally made up. I wanted to see if the cleansing pads would entirely remove all my makeup as well as leave my skin feeling fully clean and soft. I took advantage of the smooth side first, carefully circling it around my eye area to remove my mascara and eye makeup. It felt like I was giving myself a mini facial, it felt wonderful.

Next I circled the smooth side all around my face, trying to begin to remove my foundation and blush. Then I turned the pad over to use the textured side for some exfoliating, thinking that would really insure that I got into the crevaces of my skin and got all the makeup off. This felt like a facial too! You don't need to rub very hard to feel the benefits of the textured side. It works beautifully to gently exfoliate your skin.

All this took me less than a minute to do. I think writing about it took longer to explain than the actual act of cleansing my skin! To be able to achieve the results I did in less than a minute is amazing, I am so impressed! My skin was perfectly clean, it felt smooth and soft and was the perfect canvas to use to apply the Positively Radiant moisturizer on.

These AVEENO products can be purchased at all your favorite mass merchandisers like Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and Amazon.com just to name a few. You can head over to the AVEENO website by CLICKING HERE to learn more about the products that they offer and to find a retailer nearest you to purchase them from.


A very special thank you to AVEENO for providing me with the Positively Radiant products to use for this review.

Disclosure: I received the two Positively Radiant products from AVEENO for the purposes of this Review. This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ. I am not employed nor affiliated with AVEENO as a company in any way.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

3 comments:

dreamin2win said...

Love the Aveeno products!

SafexSolutions said...

Great post..Is it best Facial Cleansing Product? Can I use it in Winter?

Apriljoy said...

I just started using the Aveeno pads! So I can use them to take off my makeup as well?