Friday, October 8, 2010

Review: 100% Pure





Everyday I become increasingly more aware about the importance of reading the labels on the products that we eat and use on and in our bodies. Educating myself on the good versus the bad ingredients in these types of products is something I am very passionate about and have learned the importance of becoming knowledgeable about what they are. While I cannot say that in our household we are anywhere near 100% Organic and Natural, we are actively purchasing new products that fit into that category as we continue on our journey to green up our act and become a safer, healthier "living green" home.

So when I learn about a natural health and beauty company that is receiving a lot of positive buzz and read and hear people raving about their products, it does capture my attention and draws me in to want to learn more. And that is most certainly the case with 100% Pure. I first caught a glimpse of them on QVC and then it was like a snowball effect, I saw them gracing the pages of O Magazine, InStyle, Cosmopolitan, Health, Elle, and the list goes on and on. It was one positive remark about a product after another, and I am so thrilled to be able to share with you all a little insight into the company and the spectacular products that they offer. That is why I wanted to include 100% Pure in my Alluring Autumn 2010 Guide. Let me introduce this divine company to you all:

{Taken from the 100% Pure Website}

AN IDEA IS BORN




Having grown up with her Geisha grandmother in Japan, Susie did not grow up like a typical child. Perhaps because of her regular weekly visits to Japanese bath houses or perhaps because instead of traditional western education, Susie’s studies included herbs, teas, sake, trees, flowers, and other beautiful things of nature; or maybe because Susie has been an avid gardener since she was 5 years old, growing her own berries to make facial masks … these could all be the inspirations of how she founded 100% Pure.



Susie’s grandmother sent her to live in San Francisco when she was 15 because she didn’t want her beloved granddaughter to follow in her footsteps. Homesick and lonely, Susie spent her spare time rescuing animals and volunteering at animal shelters. Her love for animals is still a big part of her life today and her ultimate mission is to help as many animals as possible.
While studying at the University of California at Berkeley, Susie accidently discovered her calling. Susie wanted to protect her skin from aging with one of the heavily advertised Vitamin C serums that were sold in upscale department stores. In the process of using her Vitamin C that she had to save a week’s worth of lunch money to buy, she got upset when noticing that the serum started turning brown after a week from opening. Susie knew the serum turned brown from oxidation. She realized when oxidation occurs, it not only has no more Vitamin C power but that you’re actually applying free radicals directly on the skin. Susie was upset at how cosmetic companies were misrepresenting what they were selling. So, she discovered a way to stabilize all natural ingredients from oxidizing in skincare and patented this technology. As soon as she patented this invention, some of the world’s largest cosmetics companies began courting Susie which is how she started working for them as a skincare formulator and product developer.

REVOLUTIONARY FRUIT PIGMENT COLOR COSMETICS



Susie Wang’s “spark of genius” for the use of fruit and vegetable pigments in makeup occurred while she was in her organic garden picking blackberries and noticed how the berries stained her fingers. The idea of fruit and vegetable pigmented cosmetics is revolutionary and one of the most significant innovations in makeup because all other cosmetics are made with either FD & C Colors (synthetic dyes) or minerals. Why are fruit and vegetable pigments such a big deal? All of the antioxidants and vitamins in fruits and vegetables are in the actual pigments, so you will be applying all the healthy nutrients of the fruits and vegetables directly on your skin! From this discovery, Susie created an entire line of all natural patent-pending fruit and vegetable pigmented color cosmetics under the 100% Pure brand.



Why 100% pure?

“As much as 60% of topical skin-care products are absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream,” Says Dr. Nancy Lonsdrof, M.D. an lowa-based physician, “They should be consumed with the same prudence that we use to choose our breakfast cereal.” – April 2006 issue of Women's Health Magazine. There are many toxic chemicals in cosmetic products that have been clinically proven to cause cancer, tumors, irritation and many different skin disorders. 100% products are truly 100% Pure-no synthetic chemicals, chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances, artificial colors, harsh detergents or any other unhealthy toxins.

Why Vegan?

We love animals and refuse to support anything that hurts animals which is why none of our formulas are ever tested on animals (everything we use is food grade and does not require testing, whereas chemical ingredients must be tested). All our makeup brushes are from synthetic fibers. No animals were hurt for their fur and no animals were hurt for any of our ingredients (the only animal ingredient we use is cruelty free honey).


MY REVIEW

The terrific folks over at 100% Pure sent me 4 of their hottest top selling cosmetic products to review. Each of these products are ones that I would typically use in my everyday beauty routine so I was really thrilled to receive useful products that I could immediately incorporate into my life. Before I share with you about my experiences with each product, let me just show you a brief visual description about fruit pigmented colored cosmetics and why they are so much healthier and fabulous to use:



Now that you have a glimpse into the benefits of using fruit pigmented colored cosmetics, let me tell you about the 4 products I was sent to review:

FRUIT PIGMENTED TINTED MOISTURIZER With SPF 20 (sheer to medium coverage)
Price: $32





Description:

100% Natural, 100% Vegetarian, Gluten free

Tinted with natural fruit and vegetable pigments to give your complexion a flawless appearance while feeding your skin with nourishing white tea, acai oil, pomegranate oil and vitamins. SPF 20 protects your skin against the sun’s harmful UVA (ultra violet aging) and UVB (ultra violet burning) rays while antioxidants protect your skin from other environmental hazards such as pollution, smog, smoke, exhaust, etc.

MY THOUGHTS: What I noticed right away with this delightful tinted moisturizer is how fresh and pretty it smelled! Immediately it put me at ease and I felt safe and confident about generously applying it to my face. When you know a product is infused with natural ingredients that can only be beneficial to your skin, and in no way harmful, then you want to indulge in it and bathe your skin with it. I also love a product that multi-tasks, serves as more than one purpose, and this product comprises all the elements that I want for my skin, nourishment, moisturizing, sun protection, a nice hint of color and evens out my skin tone, how wonderful is that!

I love the consistency of this product. It is rich and creamy and feels like silk gliding onto your skin. I noticed how quickly my skin absorbed the product, and it left a nice, matte yet slightly dewy look to my skin. For me, I felt it made my skin look healthy and glowing, a look that not that many products are able to give my skin with such a quick and simple step.

I found this product gave me a noticeable natural coverage, it clearly made a huge difference in terms of covering up some of the redness I have to my skin, which really made me happy, but it didn't make my skin look caked up or made up. I felt it just made my skin look better, more evened out and silky in appearance. This is going to quickly become my favorite daily moisturizer because I know that not only will it make me look my personal best, but it is going to improve the quality of my skin everyday by feeding it the vitamins and antioxidants that my skin so obviously needed!

I received this product in the White Peach color. I am never sure what color to select because I am between a light and medium complexion. But lately when I have purchased or requested Medium tones, they have been too dark and harsh looking on my skin, so I opted for the ligher shade. It blended in perfectly for my skin tone! The fantastic thing is this product comes in a variety of colors so anyone can find a shade that is going to work for them. The container is large and I suspect it is going to last me a good 6 months, so ladies, this is a nicely priced value for what you get and what it can do for you and how long it is going to last you for. I think it is perfectionism at its finest!

Next I was able to experience:

FRUIT PIGMENTED BRIGHTENING CONCEALER WITH SPF20
Price: $16




Description:

100% Natural, 100% Vegetarian, Gluten free

100% Natural concealers made with caffeine rich green tea, green coffee and concentrated with potent anti-aging vitamins, antioxidants and nourishing rosehip oil. Made with pigments from fruits and vegetables. Does not contain synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances or any other toxins. Truly, 100% Pure.

MY THOUGHTS: I am a gal who can never go a day without using concealer. Whether I am trying to hide the dark circles under my eyes, or trying to conceal some red blotches or an occasional pimple on my skin, I always reach for my concealer as part of my daily beauty routine. So when 100% Pure surprised me by sending me the concealer in the White Peach shade I was thrilled. I noticed that the white peach in the concealer share came out lighter on my skin when compared to the White Peach of the Tinted Moisturizer, which may be due to the brightening aspects of this product. However, this shade worked for me as it really was able to make the appearance under my eyes look brighter, more alive which made me appear more awake! It also was very effective in hiding my dark circles, which always makes me feel so much better about myself and my appearance.

The consistency of the concealer is very creamy and clearly very hydrating. I found I didn't even need to use my eye cream because that may have been too much moisture under my eye area which just would have made the concealer cake up on me. But applying the concealer alone was just the right amount of nourishment my eye area needed and the product was able to work its magic to conceal.

The next product I tried is:

FRUIT PIGMENTED MASCARA
Price: $18



Description:

100% Natural, 100% Vegetarian

100% natural mascara lengthens, separates, thickens and glosses lashes with fruit pigments and Black tea pigments. Lash conditioning ProVitamin B5, Vitamin E, Oat and Wheat protein conditions for healthier lashes. Gentle, all natural, good for you formula is suitable for everyone, even if you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes. Water and smudge resistant.

MY THOUGHTS: I received this mascara in the deep Black Tea color, which is exactly what I love to wear! I don't think a day goes by that I won't apply mascara to my lashes. I find it is a quick and easy way to bring my eyes to life, make them look alive and accentuate my eyes, which I think are my best feature. I am not one to coat 3 layers of mascara on my lashes. I like to be able to achieve that bright eyed look with just one carefully applied coat. So I am a fanatic about the mascara that I use on my lashes be creamy, not dried out, and believe me I have purchased many mascaras in my day that when brand new and opened they are dried out. Not was such the case with this product. It was luscious when I opened it. It was clearly fresh and moist and looked like such a beautiful consistency, a texture that I always look for in a mascara.

I also loved the nice long fairly thin brush applicator. I have experienced many times a mascara brush that is too thick and fat and I just can get into the inner corners of my eyes or at the lower lashes easily. I prefer a thinner longer type brush so I can get at every single lash to make each one stand out. So I was very pleased with the size and length of the brush.

The Black Tea mascara most certainly did not disappoint me. It brushed on smoothly, evenly and without any clumping whatsoever. I have been applying only one coat to my lashes, as with daily use that is really all I require or need. But if I am going out at night and want a more dramatic look to my eyes, then I think then would be the case where I would apply a second maybe third coat to really make my lashes "pop".

The final test was to see if the mascara would smudge or flake off during the day, as I wear it for well over 10-12 hours each day. Typically if I am going to see smudging it is going to be under my eyes where I have applied the mascara to my lower lashes. And honestly, it just didn't happen, much to my surprise. I am always inadvertently rubbing my eyes just out of perhaps being tired and stressed, so I am sure I did that at some point. But there were no signs of the mascara smearing under my eyes or flaking off.

Lastly is the eye makeup removal. Just how hard was it to remove this water resistant mascara. I was a bit concerned when I learned it was wate resistant as many times with other products it has been impossible to get the mascara off in just one attempt. So I was a little leery. But using my eye makeup remover pads it was easy as pie to take the mascara off. I think it took just a couple of sweeps over my eyes and poof it was gone! Now that really put a smile on my face. I can see why this product is so coveted by so many women! They adore it and so do I!

Lastly, I receive this product:


FRUIT PIGMENTED LIP BUTTER CHERRY
Price: $13


Description:

100% Natural, 100% Vegan, Gluten free

With an ultra-moisturizing base of organic avocado and shea and cocoa butters, these lip butters leave lips nourished, silky soft, and delightfully infused with natural fruit and berry pigments. They also infuse skin with healthy antioxidants and vitamins.

MY THOUGHTS: I received this product in the pretty Cherry Color. It is such a gorgeous way to add just a hint of sheer color to your lips and at the same time really treating your lips to a special pampering moisturizing experience. The lip butter is light and non-greasy feeling on your lips. It is also not a high gloss look, but a very subtle hint of color with an equally subtle hint of gloss. Your lips will immediately perk up and come to life with all the beneficial oils that are infused into it.

The cherry color is a great pick because it is just slightly darker than the natural color of your lips so it just brings out your lips without looking made up or unnatural. If you are one who doesn't like to wear a lot of color on your lips, but you want the make them stand out just a bit more than they do without any product on them, then this may be for you.

You receive the product in an adorable oval tin with lid which is very generous in proportion. You will get a real bang for your buck with this one, because I suspect this lip butter will last me for a very VERY long time!

That does it with my review of 100% Pure. Honestly this is just the very tip of the iceberg because 100% Pure offers a wide VERY WIDE range of products in addition to their Fruit Pigmented Cosmetics. You will find an extensive selection of Skin Care Products, Body Washes, Body Scrubs, Body Moisturizers, Hand Creams, and a whole slew of other pampering luxurious Bath products that are sure to make you feel beautiful! Not to mention glorious Gift Sets, Hair Care and yes even products for Kids. So head on over to
100% Pure by CLICKING HERE and have some fun browsing around and learning all about this exceptional company!

A very special thank you to
100% Pure for providing me with 4 products to use for this review.

Disclosure: I received 4 products from 100% Pure for the purposes of this Review . This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ. I am not employed nor affiliated with 100% Pure in any way.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 comment:

dreamin2win said...

have heard there are many benefits from Black Tea.. Thanks