Wednesday, January 13, 2010

REVIEW: Korres PREP, PRIME AND PERFECT Kit





My love affair with Korres products continues and it is with great enthusiasm and excitement for me to include the spectacular Korres PREP, PRIME and PERFECT Skincare and Color Value Collection Kit in my New Year, New You 2010 Guide!! This kit is all about providing you with all the key products to make your skin healthy and glowing and you will receive the seven (7) key Korres products so you can achieve that gorgeous dewy look. This kit contains $104.00 worth of products and you can purchase it for a mere $39.00 on the Korres website, now that is indeed a value! Before I fill you in on the details of this super terrific value kit, let me back up just one step:

Last month in December I did a lengthy Review of two Vanilla Plum Korres Value Kits and in that review I introduced you to the amazing company Korres. If you did not have a chance to read that review, please CLICK HERE to learn in great detail the history behind this exceptional company!! In my initial review of Korres products I fill you in on just why this company is so unique and the ingredients used in their products are so alluring!!


Having said all that, who wants to learn about one face kit that will provide you with the 7 products you need to make your skin look healthy, hydrated and silky smooth?! Look no further because this is indeed the kit that will make your skin glow and look young, fresh and radiant! That is why it was especially chosen by Korres for my New Year, New You 2010 Guide!! The folks at Korres know that they are doing, they know what will work harmoniously together to make you skin look vibrant and alive. Let's explore the products in this hot little kit:

PROPERTIES

A limited edition collection of skin perfecting must-haves offering the best of both worlds – Korres skincare and color.

Prep:

- Refreshing Pomegranate wipes cleanse the skin and remove make-up efficiently from face and eyes.

- Wild Rose Brightening and Line Smoothing Serum; an ultra concentrated vitamin C serum that brightens and smoothes fine lines and wrinkles.

- Wild Rose 24-hour Moisturizing and Brightening Cream which is clinically proven to increase skin radiance by 49%

Prime:

- The silky, 99% Natural, Silicone-Free Face Primer primes skin for make-up application and extends the wear of your makeup

Perfect:

- Wild Rose Brightening Foundation WRF3 offers a long-lasting, flawless, radiant finish

- Wild Rose Lip Butter an intensely hydrating lip treatment packed with a juicy pop of color

- Pro-vitamin B5 and Rice Bran Mascara 01 Black an easy-to-layer mascara for high-definition and length with provitamin B5 that nourishes the lashes.

You may be asking yourself, well what the heck is wild rose? Well, here's what the Korres Website has to say:


Wild Rose

WILD ROSE

Rosa Canina Oil

A wild scrambling rose species native to Africa and western Asia. This unique rose has a soaring level of naturally derived Vitamin C. Its high Vitamin C level demonstrates significant repairing activity to fine lines and skin colour disorders.

Rosa canina, has been repeatedly used as a symbol of life, soul, heart and love. The word rosa comes from the Greek word "rodon", which means red. According to the myth, the rose used to be white until Aphrodite, hurrying to save her dying protégé, Adonis, got hurt from the prickles of a rose and stained with blood its white petals. Since then, the roses are thought to be Aphrodite's flowers and they are used to symbolise the regeneration.


Here's what the Korres Website has to say about Pomegranate:




POMEGRANATE EXTRACT

Punica granatum

Pomegranate extract is rich in tannins (specific group of antioxidant polyphenols) that not only provide protection against free-radical damage but also have a mild astringent effect on the skin helping to minimize pore size. Pomegranate, a deciduous shrub that can grow to the size of a small tree, has been cultivated in Greece since prehistoric times. In Greece, Pomegranate has been a symbol of passion, life, abundance and fertility. On New Year's Day, households crack it open on the doorstep so the seeds disperse. If it breaks into many pieces, then the luck is abundant.

Let's me share with you my experiences with each individual product in this kit:


CLEANSING WIPES
POMEGRANATE Cleansing Wipes

All Skin Types

PROPERTIES:

Pomegranate make up removing wipes, that gently yet effectively remove make-up, cleanse and tone the skin leaving it refreshed

• Oil free formula that provides effective cleansing with no greasy residue
• Pomegranate extract ,rich in tannins and polyphenols, diminishes pore size and neutralizes free radical damage
• Vitamin E, a potent anti-oxidant, defends skin against free radical damage while also providing moisture

MY THOUGHTS: The first time I used these wipes was early in the morning, so my face did not have any makeup on it. I immediately fell in love with the fresh, delicious scent of the wipes! There's nothing nicer first thing on a cold blustery winter morning than feeling like a touch of summer's fresh fruit was gently breezing over your face! It is refreshing, soothing and rejuvenating. The wipes are more than adequately moistened, and when I was done wiping my face with them my skin felt silky soft and smooth, and not dried out at all. My skin felt really clean and prepared for being treated with the next few products in this review.

The second time I used the wipes was at night when my face was completely made up with foundation, blush, eyeshadow and mascara. To me, this is always the real test, because it is imperative for me to remove all my makeup before bed, it is just the way I am, I always want every stitch of it off my skin so I can put on my moisturizer before bed on a clean canvas! So again, I used a wipe and gently whisked away all my makeup. I noticed in the mirror that not all my mascara had come off, so I added a tiny amount of warm water to the wipe to add just a touch more moisture and re-wiped around my eyes and that did the trick, all my mascara was removed, Yay! These wipes did indeed pass my test! It is equally appealing to smell the lovely fresh pomegranate scent at night, it made me relaxed before bed......you get that ahhhh feeling when you smell them. Very sweet! These wipes definitely delivered on what they claim to do and more!

ADVANCED SPECIAL CARE
WILD ROSE Firming and brightening serum

Normal to Dry

PROPERTIES

Wild Rose Firming and brightening serum that lifts and firms the skin while improving overall texture and clarity by increasing cellular turnover

• Wild Rose oil, a potent, natural source of vitamin C, significantly diminishes fine lines, hyperpigmentation and resurfaces skin, revealing a soft and radiant complexion
• Baobab-tree polysaccharides, a highly active natural extract, moisturizes, stimulate cell renewal and turnover and firms fine lines and wrinkles.
• Pure vitamin C, along with other vital antioxidants, inhibits free radical formation and brightens the skin.
• Wheat extract helps to lift and firm the face, enhancing resilience and a more youthful appearance.
• Ginseng extract visibly improves skin tone and actively firms by enhancing elasticity
• Quince extract, with noted wound- healing properties, helps skin rebuild itself
• Provitamin B5 imparts long-lasting moisture to the skin

MY THOUGHTS: What I like most about this serum is it is lightweight, it doesn't feel thick or sticky on my skin and my skin absorbed it right away. In the past with some other serums I have used, they are thick, and some have left a sticky feeling on top of my skin because my skin just did not absorb them. Not a problem with this serum, it is the perfect consistency. It has a very soft subtle rose scent to it, made me feel warm and womanly, you know, a really feminine scent that makes you smile. I use the serum very modestly, only applied a small amount of it around my entire face and it did seem to brighten and perk up my skin. So far I am pleased with what I am feeling and seeing, and I can't wait to see over time what lasting effects it may have on assisting in harmony with the other products to improve the look and appearance of my skin. Oh yea, a total thumbs up!


MOISTURIZER
WILD ROSE 24-hour moisturizer for normal to dry skin SPF 6

Normal to Dry

PROPERTIES

Wild Rose 24-hour moisturizer that quickly and effectively heals and lightens hyper- pigmentation

• Wild Rose oil, a potent, natural source of vitamin C, significantly diminishes fine lines, hyper- pigmentation and resurfaces skin, revealing a soft and radiant complexion
• Imperata cylindrica a desert plant extract, ensures 24-hour long-lasting hydration by continually regulating the cellular water equilibrium
• Pure vitamin C inhibits free radical damage and brightens the skin
• Phytic Acid, a natural skin lightener, helps illuminating sun damage and acne scarring
-Grape seed extract, rich in Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant, helps promote a healthy and youthful complexion
-Olive oil, almost identical in chemical structure to our skin lipids, provides ideal hydration, while allowing the skin to breathe

MY THOUGHTS: My facial skin tends to be very dry, especially in the winter months because I do spend a lot of time outdoors in all the harsh elements. I do have noticeable spots of flaking on my face due to the degree of dryness that exists on it. So finding a moisturizer that will keep my skin adequately moisturized, and heal the areas of patchy dryness is crucial, and many times when I do find a rich facial moisturizer it makes my skin break out. My experiences in the past have been I solve one problem (dryness) and create a new one (break-outs) so I do get discouraged. I was anxious to try this moisturizer because it is jammed packed full of essential vitamins and nutrients for my skin, plus I knew it was supposed to be a really effective hydrating moisturizer. And, so far, it seems to be just what my skin desperately needed. There are so many appealing qualities about it that immediately jumped out at me the first time I used it......

It has a nice, creamy texture to it, not a runny thin consistency, but not too rich and emollient that it feels heavy sitting on your skin. It is the perfect combination of being easy to spread on your skin and thick enough that you know it is going to bind harmoniously to your face where you need it most. Again, this moisturizer has that sweet, gentle rose scent that makes you want to say ahhhhh......which of course I did!

Within a minute of my applying my entire face with a light coating of the moisturizer I could see how immediately the texture of my skin had improved. It came alive, the dry patches were gone, and my skin felt nourished. It worked like a drink of water to the skin. There was no greasy residue to the touch anywhere on my skin. I also love all the natural ingredients that are in this product that I know over time is going to continue to work to improve a variety of issues with my skin to keep it in the best possible condition. This product is going to save my skin this winter season, and you won't catch me without it!


PRIMER
SILICONE FREE
99% Natural Face Primer
PROPERTIES
Silicone- free, 99% natural face primer with certified organic skin-perfecting and soothing extracts
• Smooth, perfected skin

• Fillied-in fine lines and wrinkles

• Visibly reduced pores

MY THOUGHTS: I wasn't sure I was going to use this product. I rarely use a face primer because I feel many I have tried before have acted as over-kill on the layering of products I use on my skin. I am always worried primers are going to be that extra step that is going to clog my pores and be too much product on my skin and will cause me to have break outs. But, any product from Korres is always a winner and well worth the time to try out. So, I decided to give this product a chance and perhaps I will learn that I do need a face primer after all, and that there is value to using it.......

So, before I apply my foundation, and after my moisturizer and serum were applied, I used very, very little primer all over my face. The texture is again, very lightweight, non-greasy, and although I made sure to cover my entire face with a very thin layer of the primer, I could tell that it was working to do something.......what that was, initially, I was not sure. But my skin felt different, in a good way, time was going to tell I sensed that.

I waited about 5 minutes before I applied my foundation. Even though I don't think that waiting period was necessary, I wanted to make sure everything I had previously to my face had been well absorbed so no crumbling of product would occur. You know how annoying that can be when it happens......so 5 minutes later I applied the foundation. Because I use foundation almost everyday I know how the application goes, and I can honestly say that the foundation did indeed seem to glide on more evenly, and my skin did seem a lot smoother. I think it will take some time for me to see reduced pores, as I have only used this product 4 times, but I can see that it does fill in my small fine lines and the few little wrinkles I have around my frown line area. For someone like me, who has just the beginnings of some signs of aging, I am so thrilled to be able to find this product will improve those issues without clogging my pores or making my skin break out. I like that it doesn't make my skin feel like there is too much product build up on it, and on those days when I want perfect looking makeup, I will use this as my favorite "go to" product to achieve that flawless application!


FOUNDATION
WILD ROSE

Brightening and long-lasting foundation SPF 20

PROPERTIES

Oil-free, fluid foundation easily glides on skin giving a luminous natural finish with buildable long-lasting coverage and sun protection, Available in 6 shades: wrf1, wrf2, wrf3, wrf4, wrf5, wrf6.

• Advanced anti-aging formula, it feels weightless on the skin but acts as a treatment, clinically proven to diminish hyper pigmentation and wrinkles while improving skin’s hydration
• Wild Rose oil, a potent natural source of vitamin C, significantly diminishes fine lines, hyperpigmentation and resurfaces skin, revealing a soft and radiant complexion
• Natural Micro-patch technology utilizes plant-derived polymers to seal in hydration, giving the foundation clinically proven long-lasting, all-day wear

MY THOUGHTS: I was sent the wrf3 color of foundation. I don't know how Korres knew this would be the exact perfect shade for me, but it is, Yay! I have so much trouble finding the correct foundation shade because I have a ruddy, light to medium skin tone, and finding a shade that is going to correct the redness issues I have, and not look either too light or too dark on me is a hard task to achieve! So how did Korres get it right blindly?! Sheer genius I suppose, because that is exactly what this product is! Not only is the foundation infused with a multitude of ingredients to enhance the condition and look of your skin, but it also contains protection from the sun and outside elements......and it provides a lovely, dewy, radiant finish to your skin.

I found that because I have a slight case of rosacea and my skin has some redness to it, I needed to make use of this product's ability to provide a buildable coverage. So what I did was apply one light coat over my entire face. I waited a few minutes and then applied a second light coat again over the first one. Any traces of redness that the first application did not cover, was easily camouflaged with the second coat. My face did not look cakey (which I hate when that happens, nor did it look blotchy in any way. In fact, my skin looked really natural, flawless, younger in appearance, now seriously, isn't that what we all want?!

If you read the Properties that I listed about this product and all that it can deliver, I must say I do not know of very many other foundations that can promise all that this one does. I have no doubt that over the course of the next several weeks this foundation, in conjunction with the other products included in this kit are going to really kick my skin into the healthy condition it so wants and deserves to be in!


WILD ROSE LIP BUTTER

PROPERTIES

Ultimate lip treatment with intensely hydrating formulas, packed with a juicy pop of color

• Shea Butter’s anti-inflammatory and potent moisturising benefits cushion the skin and help to restructure it
• Rice Wax helps to seal in hydration, leaving the lips smooth all day

MY THOUGHTS: Such a pretty, sheer, luscious product to apply to your lips! The color is soft and subtle, and your lips feel really silky and sexy! And, yes, lips can feel sexy!! I find I like the shade of this color so much because it enhances my own natural lip color so naturally, that I am wearing this all the time. My lips are just smooth and soft and no more chapped cracks! Love, love this product! Korres offers additional shades and scents in this product too (Vanilla Plum is another one of my favorites)!


MASCARA
PROVITAMIN B5 & RICE BRAN
Lash-strengthening mascara
PROPERTIES
Lash-strengthening mascara naturally volumizes thin and brittle lashes, while adding length and deep pigment
• Nourishes lashes with a non-clumping buildable formula, providing maximum lash health
• Provitamin B5, a proven natural hair strengthener, improves both the length and number of lashes, treating them while adding drama to the eye
• Rice Bran natural extract expands (just like rice does in water) to provide maximum lash length, volume, and fullness.

MY THOUGHTS: I am a total mascara fanatic! I love nothing more than to pump up my lashes and use mascara to make up eyes brighten up and pop! I would like to think my eyes are my best feature, so making them look their personal best is always one of my top priorities. When it comes to mascara I am always reluctant to purchase new brands unless I have heard rave reviews about them. One of my pet peeves when it comes to mascara is that it must not be dried out in texture. I cannot tell you the number of times I have spent lots of money on a new mascara only to find when I opened it for the first time it was dried out, I mean what good is that going to be for me to use on my lashes???

Ohhh, but Korres of course never disappoints! Upon opening this mascara for the first time, it immediately passed my texture test. I pulled the wand out and the brush was so beautifully coated with nice, moist mascara, and I love a rich robust black shade, just perfect! Okay, my next test is how many layers does a particular take for me to make my eye lashes look really long, thick without dealing with clumping?! If I can get away with 2 coats, then a mascara will get my glowing review. What can I say, this mascara is just amazing, absolutely a joy to use. One coat made my lashes look gorgeous. It didn't take much effort on my part to bring them out and coat them enough so they looked long and naturally enhanced. So I decided to try a second coat. Phew, what a relief, no clumping to ruin the first coat, and the second coat added that extra little punch that I like my lashes to have without looking overly made up. Oooh, I am going to look forward to dramatizing my eyes everyday with this exceptional mascara.

Well, there you have it!! One divine kit from Korres that is going to provide you with a "new you" healthy look that your face is going to love! Right now for a limited time you can purchase this kit directly from KORRES for only $39.00. CLICK HERE to find it and all the other spectacular products that KORRES offers to make you look and feel great from head to toe!!


A very special thank you to KORRES for providing me with the PREP, PRIME AND PERFECT Kit to use for this review.

Disclosure: I received from KORRES the PREP, PRIME AND PERFECT Kit for the purposes of this Review . This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 comment:

afineday said...

I have the same problem with moisturizers - blocking pores or not taking care of the dryness problem. Thank you for the review, it was very informative!