Monday, December 17, 2012

REVIEW: WHAT'S NEW AT PHYSICIANS FORMULA

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Holiday Season is in full swing.   You are getting caught up with all the joy and excitement that this festive time of year brings.  So why not splurge on some new and innovative beauty products that are sure to brighten up and add some radiance to your already glowing, smiling, beautiful face!  It is with such enthusiasm that I introduce the latest product creations from Physicians Formula.  Products that are truly worthy of being included as my top picks this year for my Holiday Glamour and Gift Giving Guide.  The products can be found at almost any drug store, mass merchant or online beauty website that you can think of at prices that won't even make a dent in your wallet.  These newest beauty products from Physicians Formula will not only bring out your best face, but they make ideal stocking stuffers, you know, those last minute little must haves to complete your holiday shopping.  So without further ado, let me share with you some background on Physicians Formula, a most outstanding innovative company:
 
 
ABOUT PHYSICIANS FORMULA
{Adapted from the Physicians Formula Website}



Only from Physicians Formula can you find the latest, innovative products made especially for sensitive skin. As the experts in bringing color correction to the masses (a concept previously used only by makeup artists), Physicians Formula continues to introduce unique and easy-to-use products that will help you hide those nasty imperfections and uncover a more beautiful-looking complexion. You can also look to Physicians Formula to introduce the latest department store concepts but without the department store price tag!

But this isn’t done at just any cost. From its inception in 1937, Physicians Formula remains steadfast in its pledge to create and manufacture high-quality, hypoallergenic cosmetic and skin care products. It is committed to creating innovative products that meet your specific needs while meeting the more rigorous standards of the cosmetic industry. In fact, many Physicians Formula products are so gentle that they are recommended by allergists, dermatologists and plastic surgeons.



The term hypoallergenic is more than just a cosmetic claim for Physicians Formula. It is the basis for every product that is created. Physicians Formula honors this claim through stringent product testing and quality control. In fact, Physicians Formula products are formulated without over 100 known irritating ingredients still found in many cosmetics on the market today.

However, this doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice fashion for your face. Although every Physicians Formula product is made with all the seriousness needed to produce gentle formulas, it is also created with all the fun and glamour that makes cosmetics the pleasure of women everywhere!

Company History

Behind This Makeup Lies A Love Story



Physicians Formula Cosmetics began as a gift of love. He was an eminent allergist. She had sensitive skin. When Dr. Frank Crandall created a unique line of cosmetics for his wife, he changed the face of cosmetics.

Physicians Formula was born of a steadfast pledge to purity. A promise never to allow fragrance, PABA, or any of the 132 known skin irritants into anything we make. Other makeup and skin care products may have included these ingredients, but our cosmetics had to be gentle enough that the doctor's wife could wear them.



For over 70 years we have maintained Dr. Crandall's commitment to product purity and quality. Allergists, dermatologists, ophthalmologists, and plastic surgeons recommend Physicians Formula products.


MY REVIEW

The generous folks at Physicians Formula sent me four of their latest products to review. I am already a huge Physicians Formula lover, so this is a very special treat for me. The four products they sent me did not disappoint me. After using them for the past few weeks, they just made me covet the brand even more, I am so very impressed!

These are the products I am so thrilled to tell you about:
 
Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Season-to-Season™ Bronzer
Price: $14.95
Available in:  Light to Medium or Medium to Dark





DESCRIPTION:

A Bronzer with Benefits!

* Multi-colored bronzing powder provides an instant and lasting tan-boost that blends and builds easily to your desired lever of bronze.

* Customizable palette features four distinct bronzing tones that can be used individually, blended or layered together for a perfect tan glow that takes you through the season.

* Iridescent gold can be used to add warm highlights to complexion or blended with bronze tones for a rich, radiant bronzing glow.

* Our Exclusive Blend!

* Glow Activator Technology provides Triple-Action Bronze Boosting that helps to enhance and extend the life of your tan glow and improve skin’s clarity and radiance.

DIRECTIONS:

May be worn alone or over makeup. Sweep brush over the shade suited to the season or blend all shades together. Lightly brush on powder over face and neck for a natural-looking tan glow. To accentuate and contour apply more over cheekbones. For the most even application, be sure to tap excess powder from brush before applying.

MY THOUGHTS:

I was sent the Light to Medium Shade and it is perfect for my skin tone.  I love a terrific bronzer, but I don't want to look like I am wearing a bronzer.  I want the bronze effect to be subtle and natural.  This quad of colors provides me with that healthy, slightly sunkissed look, without making my skin look like a fake, caked on tan.  It has that ever so discernible shimmer to give my skin that look of radiance and health!  Something my face really needs this time of year now that my summer glow has faded.

This ultra-lightweight bronzing powder glides on smoothly, delivering a healthy looking tan glow.  Each combination of color features a luminous gold tone in the center that can be used to add highlights to the complexion, or blended with any bronze tone for the ultimate bronze glow.  The mistake proof formula delivers a bronze boost that is stain free, streak free and odor free.

Formulated with unique Glow Activator Technology, a custom infusion of vitamins, moisturizers and antioxidants, the Bronze Booster Glow Boosting Season to Season Bronzer allows for Triple Action Bronze Boosting that helps enhance your tan glow while improving skin's clarity and luster.

This luxe bronzer compact contains dual compartments, one to store a custom bronzer brush uniquely designed to apply one shade or blend all four shades together perfectly, the other compartment, a mirror to guarantee flawless results with each use.

The product is so easy to apply, you receive the double shaped custom brush that enables you to effortlessly apply just the right amount of product and sculpt the product on so it looks professional yet natural.  I am stuck on using the Winter and Spring shades right now, as my skin is fair, but at night for my holiday parties I will swirl the brush over all four shades for a more intense effect at night, went the bright light of sun is not on my face and I can get away with a bit more bronzing look.

You are in control of how much or how little bronze color you want.  This is a no fail bronzer.  The colors are so lovely and natural, they will work with your complexion and you can tailor the shade you desire so easily.  I adore this product!

Next how about some gorgeous color for your cheeks!

Happy Booster™ Glow and Mood Boosting Blush
Price: $11.95
Available in: Rose, Natural, Pink or Warm





DESCRIPTION:

* Ultra-soft and blendable blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.

* Multi-reflective pearls provide a soft iridescence to highlight contour and add radiance to cheeks.

* Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.

* The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

DIRECTIONS:

Using a soft powder brush, sweep over entire palette to evenly blend colors. Tap excess powder from brush before applying. Brush over cheeks to define and contour or apply right below cheekbones for a more defined dramatic look.

MY THOUGHTS:

I was sent a glorious Warm Eclat Color which is ideal for my skin tone.  This happy booster glow and mood boosting blush is the 1st blush ever created that is designed to stimulate inner happiness and outer beauty.  The multi-colored plush heart design features a colorful palette of complimentary colors which blend together to deliver a cheerful pop of color.  I love the soft iridescence the blush offers and the blush can be used to highlight, contour and add radiance to cheeks.

As if that's not enough, this breakthrough blush contains mood enhancing botanicals combined with color, aroma and texture therapy, appealing to each of the senses to a total happy boost!  It is a blush that inspired such happiness, it is now available in 3 beautiful shades!

I have so much fun applying this blush.  The soft gentle scent of violets, floral and citrus notes truly does uplift my spirits and the lovely beautiful color just lights up my face, honestly, it makes me look and feel younger!  The gorgeous color, with its multi-reflective pearls makes my cheeks glow!  The lightweight airy texture of the blush ensures that my skin feels ultra soft and smooth.  I won't go a day without wearing this magical blush both to enhance my mood and bring me joy and help my cheeks to look and feel radiant!

Now, on to the lips!

Happy Booster™ Glow and Mood Boosting Lipstick
Price: $8.95
Available in: Rose and Nude


 
 
DESCRIPTION:

* Look Happy?

* Give Lips a Boost of Happy Color.

* Rich color glides on with luminous shine and all-day comfort for a happy glow?

* Lip boosting formula with collagen boosting peptides smoothes lips so they look plump, healthy and luscious.

* Three complementary shades blend together for a kiss of glowing color to boost your mood.

* Feel Happy!

* Experienced the Mood Booting Effect.

* Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping to protect skin from environmental stress.

* The sweet scent and flavor of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

* Happy Skin is a registered mark of Provital in Spain.

DIRECTIONS:

Apply an even layer over lips. Reapply throughout the day as desired.

MY THOUGHTS:

I was sent this enchanting lipstick in the Rose Shade.  I love it!  This happy booster glow and mood boosting lipstick is the ultimate lip-loving lipstick, for sure.  It provides rich, luminous color, plus a lip boosting effect.  Three complimentary shades blend together for a kiss of glowing color.  As part of Happy Booster's ground breaking collection, this lipstick combines color therapy, texture therapy and aroma therapy to deliver a beautiful sensorial experience.  And, it is enriched with exclusive Happy Boost Blend, natural plant extracts which have been shown to mimic the effect of endorphins to promote a feeling of happiness and perhaps kissability!!

This is the 1st ever triple core lipstick created that is designed to stimulate inner happiness and outer kissable, luscious lips.  The three perfectly coordinated shades blend together to add rich, moisturing luminous color to your lips.

I enjoy wearing lipstick because without it my face seems to be missing that final element of pop.  Adding a pretty shade of lipstick to my lips brings my face to life and completes the level of glow I strive to achieve.  This splendid Rose colors works beautifully with the bronzer and blush and provides my lips with just the right amount of color, shine and rich moisture that keeps my lips comfortable all day.

The collagen boosting peptides in this lipstick keeps my lips smooth so they look plump, healthy and luscious!  The sweet scent and slight flavor of violet provides me with a feeling of joy each and every time I apply it.  The color makes me feel sexy, feminine, youthful and flirty!  Feelings I want to experience.  Now I want this lipstick in the Nude Shade as well.  It is sensational!

Lastly, the eyes, the windows to our soul:

Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner, Universal Looks
Price: $10.95
Available in: Smoky Eyes, Nude Eyes, Fashionista Eyes and Casual Eyes




DESCRIPTION:

* Get the Smoky Look for ANY Eye Color!

* Sultry and smoldering shades create gorgeous Smoky Eyes.

* Wet and Dry application for two finishes: wet for dramatic, intense color with ultra long-lasting wear. Transforms shadow into a liner. Dry for a softer result.

DIRECTIONS:

Create the Smoky Eye:

1. Sweep medium shade over lid as base.
2. Apply darkest shade into crease and extend to outer corner of eye. Line eye by smudging darkest shade into upper and lower lash line. To intensify color, wet applicator.
3. Use lightest shade to highlight brow bone.

MY THOUGHTS:

I received the Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner Palette in the Smoky eye colors.  How appropriate for the holidays!  These fashion forward new collections deliver stylish and flattering shades to compliment and enhance all eye colors.  It is designed to create runway ready looks that range from Nude to Smoky, Fashionista and Casual inspired fashion moments, the collection features adorable compacts that reflect the personality of each look.  A total of nine perfectly coordinated shades with three distinct color trios to create endless possibilities of high performance glamour for 3 times the looks ranging from Natural to Playful to Dramatic are featured in each palatte.

The unique wet-dry formula offers silky blendable shades to color, highlight, contour and line the eyes for illuminating high impact.  Use wet for dramatic, intense color with long-lasting wear or use dry for a softer result.  Tranform shadows into liner when wet.

I find these makeup artist shades enhance your natural eye color.  I am using the top three shades for day time wear and I have been applying them dry using the unique, angled pro-brush applicator that comes with the palette.  This special brush allows me to perfectly blend and precisely line my eyes quickly and easily.  I am using the center three shades for casual evening wear when we go out, and the bottom three shades for all my holiday parties.  I am having so much fun mixing and blending the shades and my eyes have never looked more sexy and alluring!

I find that when I apply the shadows wet, not only am I achieving that ultimate smoky look, but the shadows stay put and last until I take them off.  It is also so easy to line your eyes when the shadows are wet using the special angled brush.  No mistakes like with liquid liners, this makes it a breeze!  When I apply the shadows dry, they look soft and feminine and the color is more subtle and natural.  I am one who loves to "play" with color so these shadows are the perfect tools for me to use to follow my creative passion for creating new and unique looks for myself.  I can't wait to buy some of the other color palettes so I can enjoy mixing some of those colors with the smoky eye colors.

This concludes my review.

You can visit Physicians Formula directly by CLICKING HERE to learn more about this exceptional company and their vast selection of truly fabulous products.  Enjoy!

A very special thank you to Physicians Formula for providing me with the four products used for this review.


Disclosure: I received four products outlined in this review from Physicians Formula for the purposes of this Review . This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ. I am not employed nor affiliated with Physicians Formula in any manner.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: