Wednesday, January 23, 2013

REVIEW: Elizabeth Arden New York Skin Care 2013


 Latest Products from the Eight Hour Cream Collection



And, Latest Products from the Visible Difference Collection



A few weeks ago I reviewed some of Elizabeth Arden's newest makeup colors for 2013. This week I am reviewing a few of Elizabeth Arden's latest skin care products. This time of year, during the cold winter months, many of us experience skin issues that we may not typically see during the warmer spring and summer months. I know for me, my skin is much drier, it is more ruddy and red from spending so much time out in the cold elements, and my skin just seems to lack the luminousity and radiance that I want to see in my skin when I look in the mirror. If this sounds like you, then you will definitely want to read on and discover some outstanding skin care products that are going to get your skin back on track and looking beautiful in this New Year!

MY REVIEW

I was sent five sensational products from Elizabeth Arden's skin care collections. I have been using them for almost two weeks now and wow did they come in the knick of time. My skin was really acting up, dry patches around my lower lip and around the corners of my nose, yikes! And my skin had red dry areas, which is partially my rosacea reacting to the cold weather and I suspect also from indulging over the holidays. And thank god Elizabeth Arden has come to my rescue! These are some wonderful products that will help you this year:

From the VISIBLE DIFFERENCE COLLECTION:


 
 
Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Cleanser
Price: $20


DESCRIPTION:

If your skin tends towards dryness, you know how hard it can be to cleanse without stripping away moisture. Over 100 years of science and experience has taught us to create the perfect blend of gentle cleansers, exfoliants and humectants for skin like yours. In addition to removing impurities and make-up, this creamy cleanser uses colloidal oatmeal to gently exfoliate while soothing and calming your skin. But the real key for skin like yours, are the humectants that attract and hold moisture to your skin for a soft healthy looking glow. Skin is left smooth and supple. Dermatologist and clinically tested for sensitive skin and allergies.

APPLICATION:

Massage gently over wet skin using small circular motions. Rinse thoroughly. Follow with Visble Difference Gentle Hydrating Toner. As always, you’ll get best results if this is part of a consistent, daily Visible Difference essential regimen: 1)  Cleanse 2)  Tone 3)  Treat 4)  Moisturize

MY THOUGHTS:

I really like this ultra gentle cleanser.  It is rich and creamy and feels silky and luxurious on my skin.  This cleanser very effectively removed all my makeup leaving my skin feeling very soft and unaffected by the ingredients in the cleanser.  Other cleansers that I've used tend to leave my skin dry and tight feeling, but not so with this blissful cleanser.  Using a little bit of product goes a long way so I am thrilled that this cleanser is going to last me a while!


Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Toner
Price: $20


DESCRIPTION:

It can be difficult to refine and tone dry skin without causing irritation. But this toner formulated for dry skin does both beautifully while gently preparing your skin to absorb the vital moisture it needs. Leaves your skin feeling soft, refreshed and resilient without a bit of tightness. Clinically and dermatologist tested.


APPLICATION: Gently sweep over cleansed skin with cotton.

MY THOUGHTS:

I can always test a great cleanser when it comes to the toning step.  I applied a small amount of toner on a cotton ball and began to sweep it across my face.  To my surprise, no residual makeup showed up on the cotton!  I had to get that point in since it made me so excited!  In the past with other cleansers, I'd discover when I began to tone that half my makeup was still on my face, and the cleanser had not removed it all.

Now about this toner, it is awesome!  It is definitely gentle because my skin did not feel dryed out after applying it.  My skin feels soft and refreshed and totally ready for the next step, moisturing!  You do not need much toner to treat your skin.  Some people tend to use too much product, and it really isn't necessary.  Just a few drops on the cotton ball and make sure to sweep it across your face, particularly the "T-Zone" and you are all set.

Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Cream
Price: $39.50


DESCRIPTION:

For those with dry skin, it can be an ongoing struggle to moisturize properly and remove rough, dead skin without causing irritation. We’ve drawn from over 100 years of spa science to create a cream that hydrates gently yet continuously while helping to slough away dead skin and reveal your own smooth, healthy looking skin. Helps your skin maintain its own ideal moisture level and leaves your face feeling fresh and smooth with no tightness.



APPLICATION:

Cleanse and tone your skin, then smooth this moisturizer gently over your face and throat. As always, you’ll get best results if this is part of a consistent, daily Visible Difference essential regimen: 1) Cleanse 2) Tone 3) Treat 4) Moisturize

MY THOUGHTS:

I am so glad I was sent this gentle hydrating cream, because it is just that.  It is gentle, fragrance free and it offers just the right amount of hydration and moisture that my skin needs this time of year.  It is a rich and creamy cream, but not an oily cream.  It glides onto your skin so softly and silky feeling and my skin seems to drink it up immediately.  It leaves no sticky feeling or residue on the surface of my skin.  It leaves the perfect canvas for me to use to apply my foundation.  I love this moisturizer and as all Elizabeth Arden products, just a little amount goes a long way.


Next, From the EIGHT HOUR CREAM COLLECTION:



Eight Hour® Cream New York Beauty Limited Edition Skin Protectant Fragrance Free
Price: $25

DESCRIPTION:

New York is synonymous with fashion, architecture and distinctive, confident women. So it’s fitting that the city was home to Ms. Arden and her world famous Eight Hour® Cream. Our 2012 limited edition collection celebrates the woman and the city with a brilliantly designed “8” pattern in the famous art deco style of New York. The result is as classic as the cream itself. “Beauty is everywhere you look in New York,” says the designer, Elizabeth Arden’s Creative Director, Paul McLaughlin. “I was inspired by the landscape, but also by the style and confidence of the women who live there and by Ms. Arden’s passion to bring beauty into the everyday lives of women everywhere.”

APPLICATION:

Apply liberally as often as necessary, anytime anywhere you need. Shape brows, revitalize shine, soothe dry hands and smooth cuticles and nails. Also soothes dry skin and comforts minor weather burns, scrapes and abrasions.

MY THOUGHTS:

I have been using this product on an as needed basis.  The very first thing I noticed about it when I opened the jar is the very alluring, pleasant scent.  It is weird because I was sent the fragrance free version of the product, yet it smells so appealing to me!  It has a sort of vanilla like scent, whatever it is, I love it!

I have been using this product on the dry patchy areas of my skin.  You can use it anywhere on your body, which makes it so versatile and multi-tasking!  My hands are so dry this time of year, and I put this product on them at night before bed, and I wake up to hands that look 10 years younger!  I have also been using this on my knees and elbows which tend to be extra dry in the winter months.  I know as time goes on, I will find numerous uses for it!

Eight Hour® Cream New York Beauty Limited Edition Hand Treatment
Price: $10



DESCRIPTION:

This famous hand cream is now as striking as it is moisturizing. Our New York Beauty Limited Edition Collection was inspired by the art deco landscape of New York, home to Ms. Arden herself. Created to enhance the classic look of this famous brand, the collection features our signature Red Door color with a luxurious metallic finish. The clever “8” pattern has an art deco feel inspired by the beauty of the city’s iconic landmarks such as the Chrysler and Empire State buildings, and by Ms. Arden’s passion to make all women beautiful in their everyday lives.

APPLICATION:

Apply liberally as often as needed.

MY THOUGHTS:

This is the ultimate hand cream!  The creme de la creme of all that I have used!  Just a tiny amount on the tops of each hand is all you need and massage it in and voila, your hands look instantly transformed into healthy, moisturized hands.  It is a rich and creamy hand cream that quickly absorbs into your skin leaving no sticky, greasy feeling.  I do apply it several times throughout the day to maintain that nice soft feeling to them.

This concludes my review.

You can visit Elizabeth Arden directly by CLICKING HERE to learn more about the brand, and the wide assortment of very fine products they have created for all kinds of skin types.  Whether it is makeup, skin care, fragrances or bath and body products, you will discover what I already know which is Elizabeth Arden products are exceptional!  Have fun shopping.

A very special THANK YOU to Elizabeth Arden for sending me the five products to use for this review.

Disclosure: I received the five products outlined in this review from Elizabeth Arden for the purposes of this Review . This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ. I am not employed nor affiliated with Elizabeth Arden in any manner.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: