Wednesday, November 5, 2014

REVIEW: Holiday Glamour with Tarte Cosmetics






I hope you all know what it feels like to be so excited about something that you feel you are going to burst with happiness.  It is such an amazing feeling and that is the only way I can describe my opinion about Tarte Cosmetics!!  I have seen Tarte Cosmetics advertising over the years, been repeatedly wow'd by their gorgeous cosmetics colors season after season, and I've been increasingly allured to the brand over time.  So I am thrilled to be able to include Tarte Cosmetics in this season's holiday reviews!  I am a Tarte Cosmetics newbie, it is my first time using the products from this brand, and I am here to say that they have far exceeded my expectations in terms of, well, everything.  Really fine quality high performance natural cosmetics available in ultra beautiful colors that really enhance your appearance in a soft, pretty, feminine manner. And, I cannot forget to mention the stunning couture packaging the products are housed in!  Perfect for holiday glamour and everyday natural beauty to make you feel like the star you are!  Let me introduce the Tarte Cosmetics brand to you:

ABOUT TARTE COSMETICS
{Adapted from the Tarte Cosmetics Website}






Welcome to the tarte family!

Before I started tarte out of my one bedroom apartment in 1999, I was a total beauty addict like you, but I quickly became frustrated when I couldn’t find pure, powerful cosmetics. Everything I found was full of unhealthy, icky stuff, and whether it was from a department store or one of the very few "healthy" makeup lines I could find, the packaging was so unglamorous that I hardly wanted to buy it let alone take it out of my purse in public!







So I set out to create a line that would prove that glamour can be good for you by pioneering the use of high-performance naturals™. Today tarte is a leader in healthy, eco-chic beauty, offering cruelty-free cosmetics infused with skinvigorating™ ingredients like superfruit and plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, essential oils and other naturally-derived ingredients. But it’s not just about what’s in our powerful formulas; it’s what’s not in them that really sets us apart! All of our products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, synthetic fragrances and gluten, just to name a few. Ingredients are absolutely important to me, but so are formulas that perform. We call it tarte 12-hour power™, but you’ll just notice it lasts. Not to mention that we’ve got budgeproof, waterproof, sweatproof, SPF and formulas with truly compelling consumer panel claims.




But believe me we don’t just stop at the formulas – our chic, runway-inspired cases and compacts are more than just pretty packaging. We care about the environment, so we continue to support cooperatives in the Rainforest and develop sustainable components that can often be re-used to help reduce environmental waste.

From our award-winning blushes and lip tints to breakthrough Amazonian clay and maracuja complexion products, we’re committed to delivering real results for real women. I hope you enjoy your tarte purchase and remember: be green, be smart, be tarte!

Written by Maureen Kelly, CEO/Founder








MY REVIEW



The holidays are all about spending quality time with family and friends, enjoying festive and joyous moments, and feeling blissfully happy throughout it all.  I want to assist you in feeling beautiful and confident by sharing with you information about innovative beauty products that are going to make you look and feel your best.  Tarte Cosmetics are pure and natural, long performing products that will keep you looking radiant and expressive long after the stroke of midnight comes and you are beat on your feet.  Here are my top picks to keep you looking picture perfect:



Beyond BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation
Price:  $48




Available in:  Light, Medium or Deep






DESCRIPTION:


Combining all the benefits of a BB cream with the coverage of a foundation, this lightweight liquid foundation delivers medium-to-full coverage and a semi-matte finish while it moisturizes, protects, covers, corrects and brightens. 

Product Performance: Indulge your skin in the newest addition to tarte's collection of BB products. This medium-to-full coverage foundation is infused with all the benefits of BB to moisturize, protect, cover and brighten skin. The lightweight formula blends easily, providing flawless coverage with a semi-matte finish for a natural looking glow without looking greasy.

Powered By: multi-mineral complex: conditions and nourishes the skin. 


MY THOUGHTS:




When you purchase this the Tarte Beyond BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation it will come with a special balancing act foundation brush to apply it with.  I did not receive the brush, but I had one almost identical to it, so I have been using it to apply this foundation with.  In all honesty, I am in love with this foundation!  You all know from my previous reviews, I was not born with naturally beautiful skin.  I have a lot of redness to it due to my rosacea.   So I want a foundation that is not sheer, I need that medium to full coverage to give my skin the appearance of being flawless.  So my test when I use a new foundation is, will it enable me to achieve that near perfect canvas, that photo retouched flawless look? 

I am extremely pleased with the performance of this foundation. I received it in the Medium color.  An issue that I commonly run into is, I prefer a color of foundation that is in between a Light and a Medium color, and many times I find that is not available.  I am forced to choose between Light or Medium, and typically I go for Medium, because Light always makes my skin look too washed out.  But often, Medium is too dark, making the color of my skin look unnatural to me.  I was pleasantly surprised that the medium color of this foundation was a near perfect match to my skin tone.  It gives me a healthy color that is slightly darker than my natural color without being an obvious mismatch.

I have been applying the product using my foundation brush using about a dime size amount for coverage of my entire face.  I only need one coat of the foundation, except in a few areas where I applied a second coat to cover some redness that was more prevalent.  I love that it is lightweight, but not sheer, and has no discernible fragrance.  It is easy to blend in and I can adjust the coverage to the areas that need it most.




I am all about using products that multi-task and this is one foundation that outperforms!  It moisturizes, protects, evens out, colors and brightens all in one easy to apply step.  Gotta love that!  I would describe the coverage as medium, without giving you that cakey foundation appearance.  Your skin will glow naturally with use of this product and forget about any signs of imperfections when you are done with it.

Speaking of imperfections, how about one of the best concealers out in the marketplace right now?  That leads me to my next discovery from Tarte Cosmetics:







Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector
Price:  $24





Available in:  Light-Medium or Medium-Tan




DESCRIPTION:


Say goodbye to dark circles and hello to flawless skin with this revolutionary CC that instantly masks undereye discolorations and dark circles while improving the appearance of skin tone and texture over time.


Product Performance: This multi-tasking, full coverage corrector expertly masks undereye discolorations and dark circles in two universal shades. The light-diffusing particles brighten undereye areas and soften the appearance of fine lines as color-correcting colored clay helps to offset the look of dark circles. Infused with nutrient-rich, skinvigorating™ ingredients, this undereye corrector works to hydrate, condition and smooth skin while helping improve skin tone and texture over time. 

Powered By: colored clay: color-corrects as it specifically addresses individual skin and complexion concerns:



  • rose clay: soothes skin around the eye area
  • yellow clay: diffuses the look of dark circles and uneven skin tone
  • purple clay: reflects light to instantly brighten
  • caffeine: helps improve microcirculation while reducing the appearance of puffiness
  • licorice extract: helps brighten skin tone
  • sodium hyaluronate and squalane: retain and deliver moisture
  • mica and silica: diffuse light and soften appearance of fine lines and wrinkles 



MY THOUGHTS:



For youthful-looking eyes, use a concealer brush to apply to the undereye area from the inner corner to the outer corner. Gently smooth and blend with a brush or your finger for a flawless, crease-free finish. 



I saved the BEST FOR LAST!!  for long lasting, splendid rich color to bring life to your face:



Sold exclusively at Sephora Stores and that includes Sephora within JC Penney Stores:



Price:  $42 {A $110 Retail Value!}




DESCRIPTION:






What it is:  An exclusive blush set with five brand-new, Amazonian clay-infused blushes and two wearable hair pins-all encased inside of a Parisian-inspired clutch. 


What it does: This 12-hour wear, Amazonian-clay infused blush palette instantly awakens the complexion and adds rich dimension. With five flattering, craveable blushes, you can accessorize your entire look and add a touch of sparkle and sheen with the two wearable hair pins. This chic, portable palette makes the perfect gift for the spontaneous blush enthusiast. This giftable palette includes two wearable hair pins with rhinestone and pearl-draped elements for that perfectly "pinned up" look, and it features soft, whimsical packaging and a chic carrying case that's reminiscent of a vintage clutch and inspired by the pristine elegance of the Parisians.

This set contains: - 5 x 0.158 oz Amazonian clay 12-hour blushes in Breathless (pinky beige), Embraced (plummy rose), Whimsy (light pink), Bashful (rosy peach), Irreplaceable (mauve rose) - 2 hair pins.

MY THOUGHTS:




Over the years I have reviewed several brands of blush palettes, and this 'Pin Up Girl' palette is one of my favorites! The couture clutch that the 5 new amazonian clay-infused blushes are housed in is breathtakingly beautiful.  I cannot express enough what a splendid gift this will make for someone, or a special treat for yourself so you can create truly lovely looks for your face throughout the holidays and into the New Year.

And, the bonus gift of the 2 embellished hairpins is wonderful!  Both the pearl hairpin and the rhinestone hairpin will make such sparkling finishing touches to your hair styles this holiday season.

Now let's talk blush!!  Blushers!! These 5 new shades are no ordinary blushes!  They are extraordinary that is for sure.  Each color is totally different from one another.  So in one magnificent palette you have the chance to experiment and adorn yourself with 5 stunning blush colors so your 'look' will never get boring.  What makes them stand out from what is typical out in the marketplace is that they are infused with skin-balancing Amazonian clay. The heavenly shades deliver up to 12 hours of fade-free, flawless wear, even as you’re up in the clouds, dancing the night away.  Amazonian clay is nature’s most perfect ingredient for better, longer, truer wear.  There is also vitamin E in these formulations which acts as a natural preservative as well as an anti-inflammatory emollient.  The blushes also contain antioxidant mineral pigments to soothe and soften your facial skin. 

I think the color range in this palette is superior to any palette I have used before.  There are matte, semi-matte, and shimmery blush colors in this palette.  In the photo below the names of the colors are as follows from left to right:

BREATHLESS, EMBRACED, WHIMSY, BASHFUL AND IRREPLACEABLE





Breathless is a semi-matte rosy beige shade, Embraced is a berry pink shade with a shimmery finish, Whimsy is a light pink shade with a semi-matte finish, Bashful, which is my very favorite shade, is a coral shade with a slight shimmery finish, and last is Irreplaceable which is a rose shade with a semi-matte finish.

So whether you prefer shades of beige, rose or coral, this is the palette for you.  You can leave your comfort zone, and experiment with shades you may never have imagined you would and I think with these divine colors you may discover that they can all work for you.  On days where I am just running errands I may match my plans for the day and my mood with the Breathless shade, and on days where I am having lunch with my BFF's I may choose the Bashful color.  And, on special evenings out I would definitely choose Irreplaceable.  You get the idea.

I do find that these colors are long lasting.  I am not sure about 12 hours, but I find I do not need to "touch up" for at least 5-6 hours which is fantastic!  And, no problem with quick touch ups because the charming clutch fits easily into my handbag.  It does not leave me now that I have it!

I could go on and on about how incredibly supreme these amazonian clay 12-hour blushers are, but you just have to discover just how much for yourself.  As I mentioned before, PIN UP GIRL Blush Palette is available at Sephora Stores nationwide as well as in Sephora at JC Penney stores.

This concludes my review.

You can Follow Tarte Cosmetics on Facebook by CLICKING HERE.

You can Follow Tarte Cosmetics on Twitter by CLICKING HERE.

You can Follow Tarte Cosmetics on Instagram by CLICKING HERE.

You can Follow Tarte Cosmetics on Pinterest by CLICKING HERE.

A very special thank you to Tarte Cosmetics for providing me with the products outlined in this review.



Disclosure: I received the products detailed in this review from Tarte Cosmetics for the purposes of this Review . This has no bearing on my completely honest review above and was not influenced by any type of monetary compensation. The opinions and experiences I’ve shared with this product are my own and yours may differ.  I am not employed nor affiliated with Tarte Cosmetics in any manner.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: